Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hot Chocolate, anyone?

It's raining here in good ol' San Diego, which meant my plans to go out and about were temporarily put on hold. As much as I love rainy weather, it does get boring staying indoors. So what did I do to ease said boredom? I made hot chocolate. No, not with Hershey's chocolate syrup, Nestle, or Swiss Miss hot cocoa mix, but with some extra baking chocolate I had. Now, I admit it does sound a little strange, but it makes for a richer hot chocolate and warms you right up. Give it a try!

Hot Chocolate Ingredients-

Milk (1 cup)
Semi-sweet Baking chocolate (1 oz.)
Nutmeg (optional)
Cinnamon (optional)

Heat up milk in a small saucepan on medium-high heat over stove. While milk is heating, place the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl. When milk begins to froth, remove from the heat and pour into the bowl over the chocolate. Immediately whisk the milk and the chocolate together until the chocolate has completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Serve in a mug or demitasse cup and sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment